Search Engine Optimization or SEO is an attempt to optimize a website to get a top ranking in search results. By ranking high in search results, your potential for organic traffic increases.
Apart from generating high organic traffic, SEO will also help you get the right traffic. So you don’t just focus on high traffic, but also the right traffic according to the main purpose of your website.
To be able to get high traffic that is right on target, you need to follow the rules that have been determined by search engines, in this case, Google. You need to know how SEO works, Google’s algorithm, and key SEO indicators. You will learn all of them in later chapters below.
Why is SEO important for websites?
Since the existence of search engines like Google, almost everyone looks for information online through search engines. From data published by Google, websites that rank first to third get a total cumulative click of more than 50 percent. The first rank alone received more than 20 percent.
This shows how important SEO is for your website, with the help of SEO you can get thousands to tens of thousands of visitors per day. More than that, visitors from search engines are people who are hungry for information and want to buy products. If you have an online business, visitors from search engines will have the highest conversion rate.
SEO is part of inbound marketing which is a modern marketing technique in the digital era. Inbound marketing, including SEO, is a marketing method that costs the least compared to traditional marketing techniques.
Main Goals of SEO
Whereas the main purpose of SEO, which we can see and understand from the clear understanding and definition of what SEO is on the Indonesian Wikipedia, is related to traffic, which is to focus on increasing traffic.
The main SEO goals are the following:
Increase Traffic Volume of Internet User Visits
- So that as many visitors as possible come to our website by being the most clicked. As Google emphasizes that web pages that have better content and accurate SEO techniques work, will get high rankings.
Improving the Traffic Quality of Potential Customers for Your Products or Services
- As many of these visitors as possible are visitors who are targeted according to the keywords you will choose so that traffic/visitor traffic/visits that come really need and are looking for what you have to offer on your site. This creates quality traffic to your site).
Maintaining the above two types of traffic on an ongoing basis
- As you understand, with the right keyword research and a good SEO process, good search rankings are achieved, then the three main SEO goals above will be easily achieved.
Related Post: 4 Benefits of SEO for Online Business you need to Know
What should you learn?
There are several main components in SEO, these components will consider how good your website is in SEO. This section is also what determines the order of ranking in search engine search results.
Here’s what you need to learn to master SEO:
- Optimizing web pages
- Keyword research _
- Analyze the competition
- Creating optimized content
- Build popularity, links, and reputation
- Carry out audits of SEO performance